When your smile is compromised by multiple oral health concerns, it can feel overwhelming. You may not know where to begin. Dr. Brett Hester can design a personalized full mouth reconstruction plan to address all aspects of your smile for comprehensive results at our Valdosta, GA, practice. By combining several treatments, he can improve both the form and function of your smile so you can eat, speak, and chew confidently.
What is a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth reconstruction is a customized plan that combines several dental treatments to restore your oral health. Often, by treating restorative concerns, the aesthetics of your smile are also improved. Dr. Hester partners with patients who suffer from widespread oral health issues to plan a personalized full mouth reconstruction and repair their smile.
Are You a Candidate?
Full mouth reconstruction may be recommended if you suffer from:
- Missing, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Extensive wear that has negatively impacted your smile or chewing capacity
- Severe decay or multiple infected teeth
- Gum issues that have impaired the look or utility of your smile
Patients with inherited conditions like Ectodermal Dysplasia, Amelogenesis, or Dentinogenesis Imperfecta may also require considerable dental reconstruction. If you have one or more of these conditions, Dr. Hester is confident that he can help you find the best possible solution for your needs.
Combining multiple procedures can completely repair your smile.
A Personalized Approach
Dr. Hester believes in a patient-oriented approach to dentistry, especially when for treatments of a personalized nature like full mouth reconstruction. In a one-on-one consultation, you will discuss your goals and concerns. Dr. Hester will also conduct a thorough examination of your smile to determine the state of their oral health and plan treatment accordingly.
Dr. Hester can perform all aspects of your treatment at his practice for convenient, high-quality care throughout the entire process. He can also ensure your procedures are strategically planned in stages to suit your schedule, budget, and lifestyle.
Combining Treatment Options for Optimal Results
Your full mouth reconstruction will typically include two or more restorative procedures, such as:
- Dentures: A denture is a removable prosthetic that can replace one or both dental arches. Dentures are designed to mimic the natural appearance of teeth and gums.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are placed over the entire tooth to provide added strength after decay is removed. Using tooth-colored materials, a crown can also improve the appearance of an afflicted tooth.
- Bridges: Comprising two dental crowns with pontics in between, Dr. Hester can affix this restoration to surrounding healthy teeth to replace several teeth in a row.
- Dental implants: If you have lost one or more teeth, dental implants can be placed within the jaw bone and attached to a denture, crown, or bridge to replace the entire tooth structure.
- Extraction: If a tooth cannot be saved with root canal therapy or is too significantly damaged Dr. Hester may need to remove the tooth from the socket. Periodontal care: Dr. Hester can treat gum disease and recession to prevent tooth loss.
- Orthodontics: To correct crowded or otherwise misaligned teeth, Dr. Hester may suggest braces or another orthodontic treatment.
You can rest assured that Dr. Hester will plan your treatment with your best interest in mind, leveraging these procedures to provide the best possible outcome in the shortest amount of time.
Dr. Hester partners with patients who suffer from widespread oral health issues to plan a personalized full mouth reconstruction and repair their smile.
It’s Time to Smile Again
If you are experiencing difficulty eating or speaking due to dental issues, you may benefit from a full mouth reconstruction. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Hester by contacting us online or calling (229) 247-3400.