Dental bonding is a quick, easy, and affordable treatment that can address a range of cosmetic concerns. Dr. Brett Hester in Valdosta, GA, can apply tooth-colored resin to your teeth to conceal minor imperfections and enhance the appearance of your smile. During a consultation, Dr. Hester can determine if this treatment is right for you.
Bonding involves first polishing and preparing the enamel with a mild etching solution that will help the resin bond to the tooth. He then applies the preselected shade of composite resin over the front of the tooth and uses a curing light to solidify the material. Dr. Hester will polish and trim the material to achieve a completely natural look.
What Can Bonding Treat?
There are many uses for the dental bonding technique. When applied by an experienced dentist, bonding can enhance:
- Teeth that are mildly discolored and will not respond to teeth whitening procedures. Teeth that are severely stained may be better treated with an alternative form of treatment, such as a porcelain veneer.
- Gaps between teeth. For more severe tooth alignment issues, Invisalign® may be a more suitable treatment.
- Fractured, chipped, short, or malformed teeth. Severe cases may require a more extensive treatment, such as a tooth-colored dental crown.
Dental bonding is a quick, easy, and affordable treatment that can address a range of cosmetic concerns.
Bonding versus Veneers
Dr. Hester provides both bonding and porcelain veneers. Veneers can be used to achieve results similar to dental bonding. However, because veneers are made of hand-crafted porcelain, they are more costly than bonding. In many cases, patients who are interested in veneers will first undergo bonding as a way of deciding if they wish to move forward with a more customized premium option.
Dr. Hester will carefully evaluate your unique needs, explain the alternatives, and help you choose the right treatment for your goals.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
Many patients choose dental bonding because it is:
- Fast: The procedure can be completed in a single appointment.
- Conservative: Bonding requires no modification of the existing tooth and does not require anesthesia.
- Affordable: Bonding is one of the most affordable cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Reversible: The bonding material can be easily and safely removed, leaving the tooth in its original state.
With proper care, the results of your bonding treatment can last years. Fortunately, maintenance is no more difficult than caring for your teeth as normal. Brush twice and floss at least once each day, and make certain to attend your regular checkups with Dr. Hester. You can also prolong the results of bonding by avoiding habits such as chewing ice chips or fingernails.
If you are bothered by minor imperfections in your smile, or if you are considering porcelain veneers but do not yet feel ready to commit to the procedure, bonding may be an excellent choice for you. Contact us online or call our office at (229) 247-3400 to book a consultation.
“Our mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of children, youth, and adults alike by offering the highest-quality dental care in a friendly, relaxed, and caring atmosphere.” - Dr. Hester